RETURNS, REFUNDS & YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL AN ORDER
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days from the date of delivery if the product that you ordered falls within the Consumer Contracts Regulations. You must contact us within 14 days of delivery if you wish to cancel your order. If you wish to return the goods that you ordered within the first 14 days then please take extra care as we only accept returns in the original packaging. We request that if you open the box to examine the product please do so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in any way. It is very important that all items being returned to us have the same standard of packing on them for their return journey to our warehouse as they had on their first journey to our customers. Items returned under our 14 day money back guarantee will be entitled to a refund subject to return fees for non faulty items or items not as described or you may return them at your own cost to our Uttoxeter warehouse at Top Furniture Ltd, Station Yard, Station Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8AX. The return fees are to cover our direct costs in collecting items. If you would like us to collect the products from you, then you agree that we may charge you the following return fees based on the size of each product to cover our direct costs.
Small items ( 0 – 0.4 CBM) - First item £20, subsequent small items £10
Medium items ( 0.4 CBM+) - First item £40, subsequent medium items £25
Other large items (Wardrobes and Tables 1.8m+ in length) - First item £75, subsequent large items £50
Please note: The largest item will always be considered the first item.
All returns need to be given prior approval. You must notify us at least 2 full business days prior to the delivery date if you cannot be available for delivery to avoid further charges. Nothing in this paragraph affects Your statutory rights.
After this 14 day cooling off period has expired we will not accept the return of any items purchased unless they are faulty.
In any event, you may not cancel orders for handmade, specially commissioned or personalised goods.
If you wish to cancel your order within 14 days of delivery your goods must be returned to us:
- In original condition with all original packaging
- Securely wrapped
- With a printed copy of your order confirmation email attached to the top of one of the boxes; If you decide to cancel your contract with us we will process your refund no later than 3 days from the date of collection.
All items of furniture are purchased from us as individual items and as such we will only refund or replace items which are defective or damaged. You are not entitled to reject other items purchased together with the damage or defective items. In the event that replacement items are not available we will refund you the purchase price or offer a similar item from another range which we believe complements the other items you have purchased. Should you have a faulty product from a range no longer available this will not entitle any other non-faulty items to be returned.Please note that any bespoke / custom made items are none returnable.
This cancellation / returns policy does not affect your legal rights
If any of the goods that you ordered arrive damaged or faulty please contact us via telephone on 01889 560999 or via email on email@example.com within 7 days of delivery. It is important that you email us digital photo's of the affected item so that we can assess the problems as quickly as possible.
Full refunds of the cost of an order are conditional on the above conditions being met and the refund will only be authorised after all returned items have been thoroughly inspected by our returns department. If, through no fault of our own, we cannot gain access on the date agreed, redelivery, return or cancellation fees may apply (see 5.2 of terms and conditions).
We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and / or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery. We reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault in more detail after initially assessing the product via digital photo's. This guarantee does not cover reasonable wear and tear and any natural movements within the wood.
Wood is obviously a natural product and we have listed some examples below that will not be classed as faulty or defective. By purchasing from Top Furniture Ltd you are accepting the statements below.
- We offer many different ranges of oak furniture that come in different colours, grain patterns and textures. Some ranges have a more clean oak finish with very little variation in colour and grain and some ranges have a more rustic nature with small knots, blemishes and colour variation across the table top. If you have a specific requirement for one of these types then please speak with one of our sales agents or email us for advice prior to ordering. On some occasions there may be some limited use of wood filler during the manufacture of the furniture.
- Over time some expansion gaps may begin to appear within the table top areas of some wooden tables as they adjust to the seasonal variations of humidity within a modern central heated home which can be very dry in the winter months. This is usually very minor but is perfectly natural within some furniture ranges. We recommend that the temperature is controlled in the room where the table is used for the first few months to no more than 20 degrees C to allow it to adjust to the dryer air within a home more naturally and gradually. If you decide to use your furniture in a conservatory or a room with underfloor heating it will invalidate your 12 month product guarantee as it may force the oak wood within your furniture to lose any remaining moisture too quickly.
- Some of the oiled oak tables that we offer may need re oiling or waxing every 6 to 12 months as detailed on our furniture care webpage to maintain their resistance to liquid spills. In some cases a fresh coat or oil or wax depending on the range you may improve the colours within a table top. Failiure to care for your furniture in the correct manner may invalidate your 12 month furniture warranty guarantee. We are more than happy to offer additional advice regarding how to care for your furniture.
- We recommend that any mats or partial coverings that are used on dining room tables are moved around every few weeks to reduce the chances of sunlight bleaching the colours across parts of the table top.
- We recommend that mats and coasters are used to keep plates, cups and glasses out of direct contact with the table surface. Any spillages on the furniture should be wiped up immediately with a dry lint free cloth.
If Top Furniture Ltd feels that it is impractical to replace a damaged or faulty furniture item we reserve the right to repair the furniture, offer a contribution towards a repair or to refund your order.