Top Furniture Ltd Returns Policy
The statement below is the 'official' returns policy for Top Furniture Ltd.
You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail us or write to us. You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and your actions result in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights
If there is a problem with the goods, please contact us. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
We try to be as fair as possible on the rare occasion where we have to refer to our returns policy and we are proud of the level of customer service and after sales service that we offer.
You may cancel your order prior to dispatch from our warehouse for a full refund with no charges.
Faulty Goods Policy
Wood is obviously a natural product and we have listed some examples below that will not be classed as faulty or defective. By purchasing from Top Furniture Ltd you are accepting the statements below.
1. We offer many different ranges of oak furniture that come in different colours, grain patterns and textures. Some ranges have a more clean oak finish with very little variation in colour and grain and some ranges have a more rustic nature with small knots, blemishes and colour variation across the table top. If you have a specific requirement for one of these types then please speak with one of our sales agents or email us for advice prior to ordering. On some occasions there may be some limited use of wood filler during the manufacture of the furniture.
2. Over time some expansion gaps may begin to appear within the table top areas of some dining tables as they adjust to the seasonal variations of humidity within a modern central heated home which can be very dry in the winter months. This is usually very minor but is perfectly natural within some dining table ranges. We recommend that the temperature is controlled in the room where the dining table is used for the first few months to allow it to adjust to the dryer air within a home more naturally and gradually.
3. Some of the oiled oak tables that we offer may need re oiling or waxing from time to time as detailed on our furniture care webpage to maintain their resistance to liquid spills. In some cases a fresh coat or oil or wax depending on the range you may improve the colours within a dining table. Failiure to care for your furniture in the correct manner may invalidate your 12 month furniture warranty guarantee. We are more than happy to offer additional advice regarding how to care for your furniture.
4. We recommend that any mats or partial coverings that are used on dining tables are moved around every few weeks to reduce the chances of sunlight bleaching the colours across parts of the table top.
5. We recommend that mats and coasters are used to keep plates, cups and glasses out of direct contact with the table surface. Any spillages on the furniture should be wiped up immediately with a dry lint free cloth.
If Top Furniture Ltd feels that it is impractical to replace a damaged or faulty furniture item we reserve the right to repair the furniture, offer a contribution towards a repair or to refund your order.